Friday, June 24, 2011

Purpose of This Blog

This blog is intended to be informative, NOT NEGATIVE.  The author of this blog thoroughly believes in the intelligence and skill of the engineers and workers who are working to keep us safe in this unfortunate situation.

The reason for this blog is that there is a vacuum of good journalism on these plants right now.  We have OPPD and NPPD telling us everything is fine, and the press just passing that “news” after telling us that there too many "swirling rumors" and on the other hand there are some very far out things being said and even conspiracy theories.

If you followed the story at Fukushima, you may, like me, want to know more crucial details about the risks facing these nuclear power stations during this flood.

I sincerely hope this blog will become a trustworthy source of basic information.

I am not a scientist or engineer.  Just a handy person with good research skills.  I don't claim to get everything exactly right, but what I write here I believe to be the truth.  I encourage corrective comments, especially with links.

The format of this blog is question and answer.  It just seems easiest, and I hope it doesn’t sound like I'm talking down to anyone.

Please, lets help each other to keep informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment